Delmarva Chicken Association (DCA), the 1,600-member trade organization working for the benefit of the Delmarva chicken community, is hiring a Member Relations Manager. This position will be responsible for the recruitment of new members, retaining existing members, developing and coordinating sponsorships and helping to identify and implement benefits for our membership. The ideal candidate will have strong sales and interpersonal skills; the ability to organize, plan and prioritize multiple projects; be results-oriented; and have the ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
A bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, business, finance or a related field and a minimum of five years experience is required. The position will have a base salary along with a bonus/incentive plan, plus health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, a retirement plan contributions, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. For more information, visit www.dcachicken.com or call 302-856-9037. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Holly Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 16686 County Seat Highway, Georgetown, DE 19947 postmarked by January 7, 2021.
Member Relations Manager
Position: The objective of this position is to recruit and sell new membership opportunities and to build relationships with current members for membership retention, including sponsorship and advertising opportunities. The position will develop and lead annual planning as it relates to membership growth and retention, while working closely with other staff members.
Reports to: Executive Director
Membership Recruitment, Retention, and Development
- Develop and implement a program to increase membership in DCA by retaining present members and actively recruiting new members. Such a program will be a year-round effort.
- Actively seek membership growth opportunities that include meeting with potential members.
- Develop promotional materials along with the Communications Manager and implement a comprehensive membership campaign; initiate ongoing personal contacts with present members and potential new members.
- Develop strategy-based objectives to meet the above responsibilities.
- Attend industry-based seminars to improve recruiting and communication skills.
- Serve as the principal contact in the DCA office for general member inquiries unless the member asks for a specific staff person. Share member concerns/suggestions with Executive Director.
- Develop strategies for partnerships and assist in the development and marketing of sponsorship programs and opportunities.
- Maintain accurate statistics and data on return on investment of member recruitment and retention programs and efforts, for regular reporting and analysis.
- Cultivate relationships to upgrade current dues levels.
- Work closely with the Executive Administrative Assistant on database management and collecting membership funds.
- Achieve budgeted revenue goals.
- Responsible for coordinating and promoting the Electric Buying Group.
- Work to develop other member benefit programs.
- In cooperation with the Communications Manager, coordinate and write articles for DCA’s magazine and e-newsletter.
- In cooperation with the Communications Manager, develop other communications tools to members, including emails, social media and more.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to new and potential members.
Other Association Functions/Promotions
- Develop, promote and coordinate sponsorships for DCA’s main events - Booster BBQ, Scholarship Golf Tournament & National Meeting on Poultry Health, Processing and Live Production.
- Coordinate the Outstanding Grower Awards.
- Work with the Grower Committee Chairperson and coordinate the Grower Committee Meetings, including setting agendas, planning and attending meetings and taking minutes.
- Work with the University of Delaware and University of Maryland Extension on Grower Field Days or other educational opportunities for growers.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings and other committee meetings as requested.
Other Duties and Requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, business, finance or related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a related field such as marketing, public relations, or sales Knowledge of agriculture or poultry is preferred, but not required.
- In-depth knowledge of sales functions and customer service-oriented principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively cultivate relationships with prospects, members, volunteers and stakeholders.
- Experience and success in developing written, oral and visual presentation materials.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize workload involving multiple projects at one time.
- Strong ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Results-oriented and willing to be accountable to measurable goals.
- Ability to communicate to diverse audiences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance.
Job requires some lifting and moving of objects such as boxes and files, up to 35 pounds. Job will require visiting member workplaces, including farms and outside businesses.
This is a sales position, with duties being performed in or near the Georgetown, Delaware office. Some work could be required on nights and weekends. Candidate must have a valid drivers’ license and use his/her own automobile for association travel, that may involve up to 15,000 miles per year. Mileage reimbursement will be provided. Some overnight travel might be required. The position is exempt and overtime compensation will not be offered after 40 hours per week.
Compensation & Employee Benefits
Salary will include a base salary, along with an established bonus/incentive plan. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; retirement plan contributions, holiday, vacation and sick leave pay.
To download this job description as a PDF, click here.